We love great news, probably as much as you love it too! We have impatiently been waiting to tell you that we have a new business partner.
Wonderful local bee conservationists and bee farmers ‘Honey Bee Happy’!
We have hand selected Honey Bee Happy (we’re going to call it HBH) due to their nurturing, organic and natural processes they produce their honey. I use the term produce very lightly, well in fact they don’t technically produce it full stop! Their colony of bees do! But for us it was about what happens after the honey have been made.
Whilst most of the honey you’ll find on the shelves has been through stringent and multiple layers of treating, heating processes, sieves etc. The end result means that they can push even longer shelf lives on the jars and each and every one always looks & tastes the same, HBH honey does NOT!
The problem with doing these processes you loose all of the goodness from the honey, the nutrition and the natural beauty of the flavour.
Why did we choose HBH honey?!
– HBH honey is hand selected from each hive.
– The bee’s wings are intact so they can fly freely.
– The colonies are left full so they can come and go as they please.
– When the honey is removed they do NOT sweep the full nest like many do (and replace it with substandard sugar & water), they leave more than enough there for bees to feed on, ensuring they do not starve.
– The hives are placed in locations where the bees can thrive and produce the honey at the highest of qualities.
– The ONLY process the honey goes through is a sieve to ensure we receive any unwanted lumps or legs in our jars.
– For every jar sold a contribution is made to bee conservation.
And guess what?! Even though the honey is not heat treated or processed, the jars still have a 4-5 year shelf life on them!!
Now, I am not very accustomed to the in-depth flavours of pollen yet but I am learning. When you are able to you will know wether your bees have lived near say lavender, oak trees etc.
What do I recommend to you – try it! I think this could be the best tasting honey you have ever tasted!!
You can purchase it here – Honey Bee Happy!
Please pop back and let us know how you get on.
Jo is an entrepreneur, writer, and investigator for all things healthy for the mind, body, soul, and planet. And, not to dismiss, a long-term collector of allergies, intolerances, and chronic illnesses! In early 2020, after a stark realisation that her health was being impacted by her current direction in business, she redirected her career, using years of personal research and development to launch Ecological Footprints. A lifestyle brand for the whole family (furry kids included), selling a wonderful selection of plastic free, biodegradable daily living products, a food shop full of gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegan foods, and a safe place for us all to explore her blog – her journey into eco-friendly sustainability, clean living to maintain health & chronic illnesses and yummy free-from recipies for all the family. When she’s not working you can find her spending time with her family, enjoying the countryside or in her little organic veggie garden!